A blog from Realities Photographer Jill Schwartzkopf:
May 12, 2017
Lisa & Neil, wedding at the ridge, part one
filed in: flora, mountaintop wedding, the ridge asheville wedding, wedding connections, wedding documentary, wedding photography asheville, wedding photojournalist
The Ridge in Marshall, NC had the perfect breath-taking views for Lisa and Neil’s gorgeous wedding.
Things I know I’ll never forget…
1. They asked for NO FORMAL photos. That’s right, no posed portraits. Instead, I captured moments as they happened organically throughout their day. I will never forget the freedom this allowed for my creativity. Thank you Lisa and Neil.
2. They had special toasts with their immediate family before their guests arrived. Everyone was able to connect and relax before the busyness of the day really started.
3. There was lavender everywhere. Since I’m a huge fan of lavender & essential oils, I felt right at home.
4. This wedding was all about bonds. Their friendships were so evident and authentic. They had no wedding party because their entire guest list would have been considered.
5. Instead of family photos, they opted to hang with their family and friends at the cocktail hour. The hugs from this time frame may have been my favorite part of the day.
This is part two of Lisa and Neil’s gorgeous wedding. Here’s the nitty gritty details about this fun event…
1. They love to travel so their tables were named after some of their favorite spots.
2. Instead of a first dance, they sang a ‘first song.’ This unique twist had their guests in tears. So beautiful.
3. They had a biscuit bar and you could roast smores as a dessert!
4. When they did the Hora, EVERY SINGLE GUEST was on the dance floor.
5. Steel Toe Stiletto Band rocked the house.
Ceremony Venue: The Ridge
Reception Venue: The Venue
Planner: Wedding Connections
Dress: Vera Wang
Make up: Amanda Anderson
Hair: Zhenya Lazarchuk
Officiant: Karen Sumberg
Ceremony Music: Steel Toe Stiletto
Band: Steel Toe Stiletto
Videographer: Misha Schmiedecke
Signage: Amber Hatchett Designs and Bethany Thames with Joy Unscripted
Transportation: Elite Limousine